Friday, September 4, 2009

More New Marie Antoinette Figures





I completed the purple and blue toile Marie Antoinette figures last weekend as part of the "Masquerade Costume Swap" in the Marie Antoinette Mail Art group. I had received my torso from Tristan some time ago, shown here.

The assignment was to use dark colors, so I employed various shades of purple for the paper mache dress and body, the hoop skirt is wired to stand out using a vintage doily with light and dark purple velvet swatches of Crypton fabric in between. I covered her the upper torso with velvet as well, along with tulle, beaded trim, and part of a rhinestone earring. Various lace trims and a dark purple glittered rose complete the effect.

The torso went to Terri Gordon, along with the second, blue toile cone-shaped torso made with velvet, lace, toile tissue paper, ribbon, pearls, a cabinet knob and beads on headpins. We did a 1:1 swap, and I received one of her beautiful banners which I will post next, see them in her Etsy shop. I also received a 4 x 4 book page and artist trading card, all of which are exquisite.

The Marie group has so many talented artists, and it is exciting to receive swap items from them, and a fun challenge to produce work of the calibre necessary to participate. Group founder Cassandra has some amazing art on her blog and Etsy. Can't wait to own a necklace by her. Also can't wait to get my finished charm bracelet back from the group.

Gotta switch genres entirely and work on my Zetti-style book pages for Jade's Skinny Book: 17 pages, front and back, due by Sept. 11. Off to the workroom!

1 comment:

Marie Antionette said...

Hi Gina,
Your work is just lovely.I really do love these.
XXOO Marie Antionette