Friday, August 27, 2010

Is This Art?













Seems like I am asking that question a lot lately. Is this art? I am feeling creative and inspired and am busy, but unless I have paint on my hands or charcoal on my wrists or glue in my hair or paper scraps on the floor, or spilled beads, I feel guilty somehow. It feels like I am neglecting my art and my art blog. Actually, I guess it would be more accurate to say it feels like I am neglecting my traditional art forms--if altered art can now be called "traditional!"
But, I'm busy! Busy appreciating the mod art of vintage doll fashions from the 1960s and 1970s. And no one did it better than the exquisite mod Mattel fashions, made with dressmaker details including beautiful finishing, for the one and only Barbie and her friends.
So I've been occupied with sorting, washing (carefully!), pressing, fixing or having fixed, looking up, cataloging and just generally reliving my first childhood. "First childhood" would be an oxymoron, except that I am, most decidedly, in my second childhood.
I can paint when I'm all grown up...again.


1 comment:

vivian said...

I dont know if its art or not.. but its fun! We love barbies at our house.. well, both the girls are moved out, but Barbies have been important my whole life and all of theirs. Looks like you have some neat old stuff! Im loving the old skipper clothes! Where are your blythe girls? Hope they arent getting jealous!
lol
have a great week Gina
vivian