Friday, August 7, 2009

Look at all this good STUFF!


















































So much mail, so little time! Let me try to describe the who, what, when, where, why and how of all this fabulousness, from the top down.
The torso extraordinaire is from Tristan Robin Blakeman in the Marie Antoinette Mail Art group Dress Form Swap. The artist trading cards are from the same group, the Little Marie Cuties swap. I blogged about my submissions here.
The Fasteeth is a treasure from Etsy which I am saving, along with the sprinkler head, Jello mold, insulator, flower frog, knobs and more, for something special. I'll know it when I make it.
The doilies, the miscellaneous below the doilies and the tins all came from my IRL art friend Constanza who is paring down her altered art supplies on Etsy also, having moved into a smaller place. Check out her wonderful offerings of supplies and also finished artwork, like the "Under the Elm Tree" piece in the bottom photo.
In the next to last photo are some treasures I found at Green Oak Antiques, in Rochester, IN. Less than an hour from my home and 31 years in existence, and I had never been there. What's wrong with this scenario?






2 comments:

Amy Faith said...

That green mushroom = AWESOME.

Mike said...

Time for another swap?

I REALLY like that metal piece in that "FASTEETH" picture on the far left - looks like two eyes kinda...actually, more like a monkey head to me! Which is what I would make out of it if you're willing to part with it.

TINS!!! The "TETLY" and Curious George "Altoids" tins are the two that catch my eye.

I have your nurse pretty much finished now. Maybe another robot for some more stuff? I have another (different) bandage tin as well as a few others I could turn into robots for you. Let me know.

Thanks,

-Mike