Receiving a blog award from a friend who is also a fellow artist and a fellow artist who is also a friend is extra special, especially when that award is bestowed by none other than the uber talented Lisa Kettell http://faerieenchantment.blogspot.com/ of The Faerie Zine. Lisa has so many irons sizzling in the art fire, I can barely keep up. And, when the award bestowed is for good blogging, and it comes from a fellow blogger, that is truly a compliment. We may not all compete in the true sense of the word, but certainly we share much of the same audience of readers. Never has a more supportive place been found than that special cyberspace spot where my fellow artists, bloggers, writers and friends gather, hopping from blog to blog. And although we can't and don't get to each and every daily, it is always a welcome stop when we do. So, thanks, Lisa, and in the spirit of the award, I am to pass it on to at least seven inspiring bloggers, so here I go.
1. Linda of Adventures of Molli http://adventuresofmolli.blogspot.com/. She was one of the early bloggers in the Blythe world, and if it weren't for her, I'm not sure I would have found my blogging muse. Her blog is like a Disney movie, so sweet and entertaining, with sneaky adult (not X just grown-up) humor popping up to suprise you.
2. Joanne of Ad Libitum http://joannethiemehuffman.typepad.com/, also of the snarky adult highbrow art humor I love, and she is a faithful visitor and commentor to other's blogs.
3. The Paper Crown Queen Blog http://papercrownqueenblog.blogspot.com/. I don't even know whom this is, and I love it!
4. Art and Blythe friend Maija http://www.maigirlz.typepad.com/, who sent me to #3, so I've got to thank her. We're going to have a Marie A debate any day now.
5. Jo's Labour of Love http://labouroflovex3.blogspot.com/ . This is Mary Ann's http://firstborn.wordpress.com/ sister's new blog, which is off to a fine start.
6. Mica http://garboodles.blogspot.com/ from ZNE and Etsy, with the most incredible work. So glad I found her via Angelahttp://geminiangelsart.blogspot.com/. Mica and I have a swap coming up, and I am so excited!
7. And Gail Schmidt from Shabby Cottage Studio.com http://www.shabbycottagestudio.com/ whose design team I am on, and who has the most wonderful shops and blogs - that's right, plural on both, so here's a plug to her new art challenge (with prizes!) blog at Mind Wide Open http://mind-wideopen.blogspot.com/. Everyone is free to play here!
Did you notice how I snuck 10 in there? Follow these links. You won't be disappointed.