Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Love My Little Office










My upstairs office is where I do 'real' work, unlike my downstairs office and studio, where I do 'unreal' work, I guess. This office is 'close' enough to be called cozy, and I do find it cozy to work in here: surrounded by my art treasurers, stuff I've made, stuff from friends. I can try to get inspired to do spreadsheets and reports by looking at some of my 'fat books,' my 'library' of art books, cook books and fiction, my antiques, even my old stuffed animals.
My office is very neutral- a little beige and sage- so it's a good foil for anything I want to display. My unstuffed, real cats have a bed in here, too, an actual breakfast tray that they claimed. So, I bought a rug for inside it and made it no longer a breakfast tray, of course!
The sun comes cheerily in through two windows, so I can catch it from the north or east. These photos were taken at 8:30 p.m., and the Indiana sun is still making big shadows. I spend a lot of time in here, so I might as well make the best of it!

5 comments:

vivian said...

It so nice to have a special little spot to work and play in! My craft room is small, but its perfect for what I need it for.
oh!! thank you so much for the card, I received it this afternoon. How absolutely so sweet of you to think of me! I would love to do a charm bracelet swap with you. You just say when!
thank you gina!
hugs
vivian

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your office. It's perfect and cozy!
Happy weekend!
Lidy

Lisa England Miller said...

Gina...I really enjoy reading your blog and I truly admire your creativity!! :-)) xoxo

Joanne Huffman said...

great looking work space

Joanne

Joanne Huffman said...

great lookiong office!