Friday, September 11, 2009

Wanted: Shiny Happy Plastic People

This elusive redhead in the green dress stands between me and a complete collection of the eight Avon Small World bottles from the 1970s. However, I just discovered by researching photos of the originals that some of mine had wrong heads on wrong bodies. And, it seems I am also in need of 1) a cowgirl head with hat, 2) the senorita's pink flower for her hair, 3) the island girl's lei, 4) boxes for everyone except the French girl. But I could live without the boxes. Otherwise, I haven't done too bad in recapturing some pre-teen kitsch.

1 comment:

vivian said...

wow! I sooo remember these! my mom sold avon for a while. Id love to see your whole collection.
have a happy saturday.. I'm off to a doll show and a quilt show..
but I'm not buying anything, I'm saving all my money for next weekend.. the country living fair.
hugs
vivian