Sunday, February 17, 2008

February is a Good Time to Nest




Heather of Speckled Egg http://www.speckled-egg.blogspot.com always comes up with the greatest swap ideas, and her "Sweet Little Nest Swap" was no exception. I received a darling little "Treasure Keeper" nest from Sarah of Gypsy Mermaid Life (what a great name!) http://www.gypsymermaidlife.blogspot.com. It seems like I got it almost as soon as the swap was announced.
It has sparkly little blue eggs, a skeleton key, flowers, beads, little tiny bottles of glitter and pearls, a tape measure ribbon and other things with which Ma Bird has absconded to make a nest.
I can't yet show what I made for Sarah....except for this sneak peek in the third photo. It's flying out of here Tuesday. I had so much fun, I posted one nest on Etsy last night http://www.hpsgsmith.etsy.com and it sold by morning! So, off to the studio for more nesting! You can click the headline link to see more nest photos from other participants!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you love it! I had so much fun making it for you!! I got it out fast didnt I..haha I guess I just like knock swaps off my to do list! plus I love making nest! I love my sneak peek I am so excited cant wait to see what it looks like all together! wow why dont my stuff sell like hot cakes on etsy like yours?!?! any secrets I should know about?

Unknown said...

Oh my!!! You got the coolest birds nest from Dana!!! Lucky you! Congrats on the etsy sale!!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

That's a sweet lil' nest that Ms.Gypsy Mermaid made you! And I can see why your adorable Etsy nest was snatched up post-haste!