Monday, March 24, 2008

A is for Asparagus and ATCs, B is for Banners, Boxes, BSU and Burt's Bees, V is for Vegas and Vacation, W is for Winter and Whining




Hello....I am typing this post with gloves on, so I will try to catch all the typos ahead of time! Why gloves? Two reasons: (multi-tasking as usual) I bought some cotton gloves and hand cream from Burt's Bees to work on my dry cuticles (it works!) and due to the slow spring and snow in Indiana and the loose storm window over my desk, it is freezing in my home office. It is also freezing in my basement studio. Yes, we have indoor plumbing and heating, but I refuse to set the thermostat ridiculously high in March! I'd rather whine!!

So enough of that! First off, thanks to Kris L. Hurst of Blissfull (sic) Elements http://krislhurst.blogspot.com/ on etsy and her website, for my beautiful new spring banner. The blog needed a facelift! So cheery! And, she is so talented; you'll see her work on many blogs.
Now, on to last weekend's art fest here (in said cold basement). I finished up two sets of artist trading cards for the ATC World swaps, and I randomly made another mermaid theme charm bracelet for etsy http://www.hpsgsmith.etsy.com/.

Plus, managed to squeeze in a traditional Easter dinner with ham, asparagus, et. al., two! naps, a couple of new articles written, magazines read, Blythes dressed and photographed and some thought given to what to pack for vacation (10 day countdown) and what to take to Art & Soul (36 day countdown). My co-workers are in Las Vegas this week but not me (zero day countdown); so I am grouchy.

I also got an email from my alma mater BSU about sending final exam goody boxes to students, and it made me cry. Why? When I lived in the dorm (back in the day and long enough ago so as not to cry), a dorm of four halls and hundreds of girls, the staff sent letters home seeking boxes of candy and gifts for all the students to open the night before Finals' Week. I was the only one who did not get one at the frenzied opening. I guess my letter got lost. It was traumatic to say the least. But, I'm sure I aced my finals for spite. That's how I rolled. I need to go send a box to someone....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving your pin-up ATCs girl! Kris did an awesome job on your banner..the elephant is soo cool!

Jessi Nagy said...

darling cards!!
hope you had a great easter.
oxooxx,
jessi

Elaine Thomas said...

I love your new spring banner. It's so fun!! Your Mermaid on the rock is adorable!!
Elaine

Mrs.Kwitty said...

The first thing I said to myself upon opening your blog was...cool banner!! It really is great! I am exhausted just from READING about all the stuff you have got going on--lol! Don't forget to breathe! I am so sorry that you didn't get your goodies--how sad
:-( but you seem to have recovered all right, lol!
Smiles, Karen

Alisa said...

Aack!! I love your ATC's! One of my goals this year is to try my hand at ATC's. I haven't tried yet, but I think I just found my inspiration!
Oh, and the banner is awesome. Commented to myself about it when the page came up.
Have a beautiful day!
Alisa

Marianna said...

Gorgeous cards! and I have to chime in as well, the new banner is terrific!

Marianna