Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What I Did on my Work Vacation a.k.a. 'The Weekend'










Did I do all this this weekend? Yup. Did I eat and sleep? Yes. Did I go out to eat, do some laundry, lose Larry the Cat in the coat closet for three hours? Check. One of my always-inspiring Art and Poetry on-line friends said it looks like I cram a month into my weekends. And I guess I do. That's because I love love love doing all this stuff so much, and there is never enough time. Whoever heard of working 5 days and having a two-day weekend? Someone needs to re-write that book! Let's put on our lawyer pants and walk down that road (fave new line from a stupid commercial).
So what have we here? A canvas for The ZNE Book Club, studying Traci Bautista's Collage Unleashed ("See Rock City"), an altered nicho or dream box from ARTChix Studios for The Faerie Zine's 3-D Fairytale box swap ("I hope you dance: In emergency, break glass for pixie dust"), 32 charms (Mermaid Ballerinas) for Art & Soul swap, Tulip earrings for Cottage Style Street Team (CSST) on Etsy, listing 3/15/08, Barbie and Cancelled Stamps (Love is the center of the Universe) for Artists' Trading Card (ATC) World Yahoo! group swaps, and nautical and purple mother-of-pearl charm bracelet I made over the weekend, listed on etsy and promptly sold. I think I may miss this one! Send caffeine!

10 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

aaaccckkk! i LOVE those barbies, so cute.
oxoxox,
jessi

Heidi said...

You know.....I love visiting you here except for the fact that seeing ALL you do (in one weekend I might add) makes me feel like I don't accomplsh a darn thing!
Do you have house keeper??
I've been soo busy I didn't even know the Faerie Zine group was doing a box swap:( Have you ever thought of holding a time management camp? People like me could really use your abaility to get it all done :)
Such great art and in such a small amount of time - When I grow up, I want to be organized like you!

vivian said...

Youve been a very busy girl ! I know what you mean about cramming as much in the weekends as you can! I do the same thing. I always pretend weekends are vacations. In the summer my little house is my cottage.. in the winter its my cabin!!
love all the wonderful things you made!!!
hugs
vivian

Loudlife said...

It's quite possible, Ms. Gina, that you do more on the weekend than I do in a month!

No peeking at my blog until your package arrives!

xoxo
Laurie

vivian said...

hi Gina! me again! Hey I tagged you on my blog! check it out. but you really dont have to do it if you dont want to!!
hugs
vivian

Unknown said...

Such wonderful creations Gina! How do you do it on just 2 days?!?! Love the Barbie ATCs and the shadow box (I have the same one from artchix)!

The Tattered Rose said...

I love the nests! They inspire me to action. I was kind of hoping that blogging slows down after you've been doing it for awhile, but....maybe not! You have very interesting blog. Cheers, Trish G.

m i c h e l l e said...

Holy moly, you've been busy! So are you all caught up yet? :-)

Everything is so fabulous! LOVE the little fairy box and the mermaid ballerina charms!

DeBRiNa PRaTT said...

Oh, here's the dream box that I fell in love with on flickr!
Thank you so much for linking me and I got your link too!
Love!!!
Debrina

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hey lady! I was the one who said you had a cute voice in the ZNE talk radio the other night :). Great job!