Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And still more cupcakes, or is it eye candy?

While I'm on the subject of cupcakes, and what a great subject it is, here is a link to the most wonderful blog, which goes with the Flickr photo site below. http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/. It is amazing the art people can create with these tiny little cakes. I do like to make and decorate cupcakes, and always have. But, I am waaaay out of my league here. Still, I love to look. Believe it or not, the creator of the mosaic below is not a professional baker and has only been decorating cupcakes about a year. That is some crazy talent!


I am feeling behind and bogged down with all of my art projects. I want to create, create, create, but work and life have to come first. I have so many things due in October, from Zetti postcards to a witch hat to 27 handpainted book pages to.....I forget. I have the ideas and the supplies, but....


Another ridiculously frustrating thing is that I have to put away virtually all my art supplies every night. Not because I am an anal tidier, which I am, but because my cats will eat anything. So far they have consumed parts of the following: paint brush, wooden ruler, sandpaper, feather, ribbon, paint water, yarn, rubber band, rubber stamp rubber, glue-like crystal effects liquid and more. Mind you, I do not want them to do this for their sake, and I try to keep it out of their reach. But, they try to do this when I am sleeping. Grrrr, just when I was starting to embrace clutter! (just a little clutter on my art table, that is).

Finally another shout out to two of my special groups: ZNE http://zneiscrafty.ning.com/ and ARTchix http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artchixstudio/. These are such wonderfully supportive and talented people and fun and active groups!!

No comments: