Monday, April 21, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day! Cue Up U2



Which scene do you like best? I will take either one! But, it is always good to see the blooms on my Dwarf Japanese Cherry Blossom come back each year, since it started life like a sickly preemie. Hallllo tree.
I've been trying to take a picture of it in every season. Two down; two to go. No rush on my part! We've barely had any spring in the Midwest this year. I wanted to get a picture before the wind or rain blow the pretty pinkish white blossoms off!
I always worry about this tree, but I guess I should have been more worried about the skinny 20' maple in the front yard. It split straight up the trunk over the winter. The nursery person said, "uh, I dunno what ya do." They should be closed down by the Tree Authority or something. The local Extension Office (does the entire US have extension offices? If not, I should explain what that is.) said, "Do nothing. Watch and wait. Too late to wrap it back together." But, they did say filling the crack with tar is a myth, a very bad myth. So we shall see. Yes, I am a tree hugger.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from a brand new visitor! Lisa Kettell passed the award on to me and I wanted to see where it came from! Your poor maple is probably repairable. A qualified tree doctor can put a long bolt through the two halves and than wrap it. My next door neighbors have a great big maple that was repaired years ago and obviously, it worked!

Anonymous said...

wow this is soo weird to see snow at this time of year I am wearing flip flops and shorts and your still wearing sweatshirts and boots! I hope you get some warm weather soon to cure that pretty tree! Hugs

toodles-
Sarah