Friday, April 11, 2008

Thinking About Home





I am not at all sure what kind of wacky person "works" during vacation, but then again, I don't consider my art "work" - even though I have deadlines. So, it was with great pleasure bordering on wild abandon (okay maybe that's a tidge overstated) that I spread out all my art supplies that I had packed and set about making my dozen houses for Jeri's House Row Swap. Once I got going, it was a lot of fun, and I couldn't stop, didn't stop, until about 3 a.m. yesterday, today, whatever that is. I even packed them up and mailed them off from here, so I wouldn't have to drag them home. Some of my houses are titled "Green House," "Blue Beach House," "Secret Memories" and "Indian Fun House." I am satisfied with them and can't wait to see the swap returns. Ms. Laurie Blau-Marshall posted an exquisite one on her blog Living Out Loud http://loudlife-laurieblaumarshall.blogspot.com. I'm telephathically requesting it in my swap package. Laurie also paid me a very nice compliment, as did Heidi http://mermaidsdowry.blogspot.com which I need to post and pass on soon.

5 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

All your little houses are so cute and creative!! I especially like that the Mona Lisa is peeking out of one of the attic windows!! Cracked me up!
Smiles, Karen

Michelle said...

These houses are so beautiful! Love them!

paru's_circle said...

ahh.. so lvoely, i hoe i get one of yours.. mine are on my blog
regards
P.

Anonymous said...

Lovely little houses!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Oh Gina your houses are super .... can't decide which I would love to get in my package but I think any of them would make me happy .... thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog ..... Linda F