Wednesday, August 8, 2007

For a Good Cause!

I just shipped off 30 hand-made cards to my office in Michigan for their fund-raiser/craft sale at the American Cancer Society Relay for Life this Fri and Sat in Hastings, MI. I am scheduled to walk for an hour on Friday, and am having walkers' remorse with the weather! But it is all for a good cause. I also made five 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts for cancer survivors and families who don't have time to scrap. All they have to do is add pictures and journal. Everything else is done-photo mats, embellishments, etc. I spent a lot of time to make them nice. I would also have to guesstimate I spent at least 30 hours on the cards. Hope they will help raise some $$. We will also have bracelets for sale and baked goods. Our little staff of 30 makes some great efforts for philanthropy! Here is our team link http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=205901&g=1702584.

Speaking of shipping, who doesn't love their UPS man- bringer of treasures?! Besides, has anyone ever seen an ugly UPS man? I just got the next big Memory-Works order from http://www.memory-works.com that everyone has been clamoring for. I've been getting calls and texts, and it's barely been a week! Anyway, all the goodies for creating are here, and now I've got to deliver them and make some happy campers.

I received some gorgeous Lola papers from the Love, Elsie line for Crafts, Etc. I cannot wait to use them. Elsie has a challenge on her blog for "24 things I want to do before I am 25." I would have to edit the age a little (a lot), but the prizes are worth it! She has the best products!

I also got some fabulous vintage bathing beauty clip art from Paula's Kit Club, which I am in and highly recommend- and I don't even have my first kit yet! She's so busy, my membership doesn't start until Oct. Check it out: http://www.paulaskitclub.com.

Once again, so many things to make; so little time....sounds like art/collage/scrapping could run in the family....a 'shout out' and Happy Birthday tomorrow to my great-niece Abigail Spradlin whose 4H rabbit care poster made champion at her local county fair (Johnson County) and will be going to the Indiana State Fair! Tres magnifique! I'll post a photo if I get one from her dad Terry, my nephew. He's the brainchild/politico of the family-formerly working for the Dept of Ed and now employed at his dear Indiana University.

No comments: