Friday, August 3, 2007

So now that I have my nifty new banner that says Crazy Creative Musings, I feel like I should muse about something. Afterall, my background is writing. Not art. So why is it so hard to write for an audience of perhaps no one about basically nothing- and then expect anyone to want to read it? I guess that explains why I spent the first two days of my life as a blogatrix (blogger sounds so bloated and kind of bogged down) uploading stuff and tinkering with my colors and layout. It's much less revealing- showing pictures, that is, instead of saying what is on one's mind.
That seems like a perfect segue to say I need to go get my hands dirty and play with my stamps and paints and papers and my favorite- watercolor crayons. I need to make some new stuff so I'll have something more to upload. So, instead of 11 posts in one day, I'm going to challenge myself to write two posts a week that say something. No why is the sky blue stuff or my cat is staring at me. Something profound.
Meanwhile, while I think on that, the ZNE website, variaZioNE, http://www.zneart.com/ for artists/artisans of mixed media, collage, altered art, and assemblage has wonderful examples from super-talented artists as well as great links for shopping, discussion and much more. Enjoy!

PS-Just got the most exciting email! Christine Adolph, http://christineadolph.typepad.com, creator of the nautical collection stamps and much more at Stampington.com said she liked my nautical cards I've submitted! That's an amazing compliment. She has a recent new collection of garden motif stamps for Stampington and new foil paper coming out, that were revealed at July's CHA in Chicago.

No comments: