Monday, October 15, 2007

My First Art Show at ARTchix






Today is the day the entries in the ARTchix Holiday Art show were unveiled on the Yahoo! site. I have four entries: my Spook House Village, a Halloween Artist Trading Card called "Mysterious Presence," an altered domino necklace with an image of a vintage Santa and a paper crafted heart-shaped box called Easter Bunny Princess Treat Box. These were all made specifically for this show, and most of these pictures have never been seen before today. Members of the group will be voting for three winners, who receive gift certificates to ARTchix Studios http://www.artchixstudio.com/. What I could do with that!!



While I was at it, I also used an antique inkwell to make an "Emergency Wand Holder." Don't ask me why; it just came to me when looking at some jewelry scraps. The bottom edge has the better part of a cheap tennis bracelet on it. The wands have beads, starfish, pieces of earrings and other gems. I have no plans for it. It is a "just because." We are allowed to offer our items for sale in the show, but the only thing I chose to list was the domino necklace.


I am pleased with the way my paper house and paper box turned out, so I have some more empty boxes I plan to alter soon. Today I also received some cool Halloween tags in the mail from Tiffany Jane Marshall http://www.beyondthevintagepath.com that I purchased during the ZNE fund raiser Hope Sees a Star, and I also received my first kit from Paula Montgomery of Paula's Kit Club http://www.paulaskitclub.com/, formerly Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers. It is called "Kitschmas." Can't wait to play!

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Everything looks wonderful--and I LOVE the emergency wand holder (and who doesn't need one of those??). Good luck with the contest!
Smiles, Karen

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Gina, these are wonderful! You've been a busy busy girl! How you find the time to do all that and work a full time job to is beyond me! ;-)